The aim of the ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy for the Complementary Therapist is to train and empower learners to become a qualified Clinical Aromatherapist.
What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is the study of essential oil science and the practice of Swedish massage. This Diploma in Aromatherapy will enable you to practice as a Professional Clinical Aromatherapist anywhere in the world. Learn about Aromatic Medicine and how to administer essential oils safely. The ITEC qualification provides skills to encourage professional practice and confidence in setting up your own business. Topics included but not limited to are the art of blending, chemistry, anatomy & physiology, pathology, aromatic formulations, client chart methodology, special topics, etc.
(This qualification trains you in the traditional 'English style of Aromatherapist', as it is known by the French, Britain, Europe, South Africa and Australia)
What do I gain from this qualification?
An Aromaflex Academy Diploma in Clinical Aromatherapy.
What do I call myself after I gain this qualification?
A Clinical Aromatherapist or Aromatic Medicine specialist.
The Diploma in Aromatherapy Course Structure is:
Made up of 4 stages encompassing over 100 essential oils and 25 carrier oils and not limited to:
- Stage 1: Introduction into Aromatherapy, plant families etc.
- Stage 2: Chemistry of essential oils, methods of absorption etc.
- Stage 3: Chemotypes and formulations, special topics
- Stage 4: Advance use of aromatic medicine, making natural products etc.
What is my commitment?
You need to allow time for approx. 1200-hour course, approx. 20 hours per week for one year.
This course is blended learning that is some theory online and block courses based in Nelson.
You must attend in person at least three of the four week block courses held in Nelson.
Attend via Zoom one week if you cannot make it. The rest of the study is learning from your own home.
The four weeks are spread over the year, being 11 weeks apart beginning in March of each year and finishing in October. The teaching week runs from Monday through to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Case study work and other assessment documents are done outside classroom hours using the learning platform provided which includes videos and other tutorial support. Class size is limited to no more than 6 students per class.
Who is this course designed for?
It was designed for:
1. People who know nothing at all about essential oils or aromatherapy. 2. Practitioners who are already qualified in Reflexology, Massage, Beauty therapy etc. who want to add another skill and recognized qualification to their practice. 3. Nurses, Doctors, Aged Care Support Staff, etc. Who are curious to know more about essential oils, and safe referral or practice methodology, to assist with upskilling hours or to be curious about a new skill set.
When can I start?
Week 1: 18th March to 22nd March 2024 (in Nelson)
Week 2: 27th May to 31st May 2024 (in Nelson)
Week 3: 5th August to 9th August 2024 (in Nelson)
Week 4: 14th October to 18th October 2024 (in Nelson)
Please view this enrolment brochure for more details